Our current reservation service allows you to reserve resources which are on loan or at another site library. This service is especially useful for students with a disability or specific learning difficulty, distance learners and partner colleges.
How to reserve resources
You may reserve a resource if all of the copies are on loan or you wish to request a resource that is located at one of our other libraries (it will be delivered to the library of your choice for you to collect). Please do not reserve a resource if it is available at the library you intend to collect it from as the reservation will not be completed.
There are two ways to reserve resources. You can:
- search for the resource you need using either the Search or the More Search Options link;
- having found the resource you need click on the Reserve This Item button;
- enter your campus card number (199--------) in the box and click on the logon button;
- should the resource not be available for reservation you will be told at this point otherwise you should use the Collect From drop-down menu to choose the library where you want to collect the reservation from;
- click on the Reserve button when you have made your choice;
- you will see on the left hand side of the page Request succeeded when the request has been accepted.
If you find you are having difficulty with the above option, or the resource you require is on order please go to the Helpdesk.
Notifying you that your reservation is ready to collect
Timescale for collecting reserved resources
How long can I borrow a resource
To ensure fair circulation resources have different loan periods these are:
12 week loan - Teaching Practice (for education students only)
4 week loan - Available at all sites (will be reduced to one week if reserved by another user)
2 week loan Slides - Available at The Murray Library only
1 week loan - Available at all sites (this includes teaching practice for non-education students)
1 week loan Audio Visual resources- Available at all sites
1 day loan (Short loan) - Available at all sites
1 day Staff only - Open University videos
Fines will be charged for the late return of resources
Please note short loan resources are in high demand so we must ensure they are returned on time. These resources are marked with a green date label and green spinal stripe. Short loan resources must always be returned to the site you issue it from.