Live Chat - Real-time help and support
There is no longer any need to wait for an email response to your query as Live Chat is a great new service that enables us to provide you with instant real-time help and support no matter where you are. Through Live Chat we can:
- chat to you online and answer your queries using instant messaging
- send you web links to relevant web pages and information sources
- use screen sharing (desktop sharing) to help demonstrate how to use our web pages and resources.
What can I ask?
You can ask us any questions about library services.
When is Live Chat available?
Our Live Chat service is available at the following times (UK time) during core teaching weeks or alternatively contact your subject librarian to arrange a good time to chat.
How do I use Live Chat?
- Access our Live Chat service using the blue 'Questions?' button in the footer of this page.
- When we are online you will see 'Ask me, chat online' on the button. If we are offline this will be indicated on the icon and your message will be directed to the Library email account.
- Click on the blue 'Questions?' button when we are online.
- Complete the relevant fields in the chat box.
- Wait for our response (you will be told if you are in a queue).
- Please follow any on screen instructions and remember to allow time for us to respond to your query.
Do I need to install special software to use Live Chat?
- Live Chat works with most internet browsers.
- You need to ensure that is installed on the PC you are using.
- Pop ups must be enabled to allow screen sharing.
Want to let us know what you think?
Live Chat is a new service which we hope to develop further. We hope you will find it helpful and welcome any comments or suggestions you have.