Viewing dawsonera ebooks
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or newer
- Firefox 33.1 or newer
- Chrome 38.0.2125.122 or newer
- Safari 7.x
- Safari 8 (for critical areas)
You will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the books.
Printing, saving, and copying
Under copyright law each publisher allows a specific percentage that each user may print or copy from each ebook. Allowances vary from title to title. Each time you click copy or print, the display will show you how many pages you have left.
Some dawsonera ebooks have restricted access, allowing a limited number of people to use the ebook at any one time. When the limit of users is reached, you have the option to add yourself to the queue. This reserves the book and you will receive an email notification when the book is available for you to use.
dawsonera ebooks have two options:
- Read Online. This option opens the ebook within your web browser. This allows you to access content by using the contents page hyperlinks or by entering a page number. You can also search within the text and print a percentage of the book.
- Download. You can download the ebook PDF onto your computer or memory stick for a specified number of days. Copy and print facilities are not available from the downloaded PDF. Depending on your PDF reader, you may be able to make notes, highlight text, and change accessibility options.
The download function requires Adobe Digital Editions:
Reading ebooks on campus? We advise you use the read online option if you are not using your own computer or device. Adobe Digital Editions will give you an Adobe ID and a limit of 6 authorised devices. The download is tied to a specific computer or device unless you authorise that device with your Adobe ID. Authorising computers around campus that you may not use again may not be the best use of your 6 device limit.
You can also download ebooks to your mobile device: