Viewing EBL/Ebook Central ebooks
Supported operating systems:
- Windows: 7, 8, 8.1
- OS X: 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Chrome: latest version
- FireFox: latest two versions
- Safari: latest two versions
- Internet Explorer: versions 9, 10 and 11 only (for Internet Explorer 9, turn off compatibility mode)
- Internet Explorer 8
- Windows RT
Printing, saving, and copying
Under copyright law each publisher allows a specific percentage that each user may print or copy from each ebook. Allowances vary from title to title (up to a maximum 60 pages per book). Each time you click copy or print, the display will show you how many pages you have left. Saving as a PDF means you can transfer and read on e-reader devices such as the Nook or Kindle.
Download some ebooks in full and others to a maximum of 60 pages. Download a chapter or a range of pages as a PDF onto most computers and devices, including e-readers.
Download full ebooks for 1 day at a time:
- Accessible on most computers and devices, but not the Kindle or Kobo Vox (for Apple and Android devices you will need a compatible reader app)
- You may return the document early using Adobe Digital Editions
- Downloaded files will appear on your desktop or in your 'Downloads' folder
- Annotations to downloaded files are not stored on your Ebook Central bookshelf
The download function requires Adobe Digital Editions:
Reading ebooks on campus? We advise you use the read online option if you are not using your own computer or device. Adobe Digital Editions will give you an Adobe ID and a limit of 6 authorised devices. The download is tied to a specific computer or device unless you authorise that device with your Adobe ID. Authorising computers around campus that you may not use again may not be the best use of your 6 device limit.