All University of Sunderland students are automatically members of our libraries. Your campus card allows you to:
- Enter and exit the building and use the access gates.
- Borrow books using our self-issue machines.
- Use our printers and photocopiers.
There may be times when it is more convenient for you to use our services from home or work. We offer a wide range of electronic services and resources:
- Find out what books we have and read some of them online.
- Search for and read online journal articles.
- Read your recommended module reading using My Module Resources.
- Manage your library account.
Computers and assistive technology
Read more about our learning technology. Log in to any of our computers with your University user ID and password. Assistive technology is available at both The Murray Library and St. Peter's Library.
Reserving books to collect
All students can reserve books that are either out on loan or that are available at one of our libraries. Library staff will retrieve these items and place them on reservation shelves for you, so you do not need to browse the main shelves to find them. Read more about reserving resources. You can return your books to either of our libraries.
Renewing books you have on loan
If you need to keep an item you have on loan for longer, you can renew it up to five times provided they are not reserved by another customer. You can renew items by logging into your library account.
Extended due dates
All borrowable copies in our collections can now be borrwed for 28 days at a time.
Page reviewed: January 2021