Find resources that aren't online
We can get book chapters or journal articles you need when they aren't available online. This is our document delivery service.
This service is available for off-campus students such as distance learning students students. Before you make any requests make sure you have checked to see whether the title you need is available online:
- If it is a book, check if it is available as an ebook. If the title you need is available as an ebook you will be able to access it immediately with your University user ID and password.
- If it is a journal article, check if it is available online. If searching for the article title does not display the article you need, try searching for the journal title. If a print version is available you can check the library catalogue for the subscription range.
If the title you need is not available within our subscriptions we can get all or parts of it for you. We will follow copyright law which means you can request:
- one journal article from an issue of a journal.
- one chapter or ten percent of a book.
Making a request
- View the off campus document delivery request form. You will need to log in with your University user ID and password.
- Fill in the details, providing as much information as you can.
- You must give your University of Sunderland email address.
If we have the material you need in stock we will copy and post or email it to you. If we do not have the material in stock we will request it from the British Library through our interlibrary loan service. We will always send the material to your University of Sunderland email address.
If you are an undergraduate you can request 25 interlibrary loans each academic year. If you are a postgraduate you can request 65 interlibrary loans each academic year. These interlibrary loans are free. Learn more about interlibrary loans.
We aim to get the material for you within 7-14 days. This is dependent on if we have the material in stock or need to request an interlibrary loan and on campus staffing levels. If we have the material in stock we will need to wait until the item is available as it may be on loan.
Page reviewed: May 2019