Add your research to SURE
Upload your research outputs to SURE and make your work open access.
By depositing your final, author-created manuscripts in SURE you can:
- dramatically increase your audience
- boost citations of your work
- meet funder requirements
- be eligible for the next Research Excellence Framework (REF)
All academic research outputs can be added to SURE, by doing this you update your research profile on your staff profile page at the same time.
Follow the quick guide below to get started.
- Using your university username and password log into SURE
- Select 'Manage Deposit's from the user menu
- Choose 'New Item'
- Complete each of the 5 stages: Type, Upload, Details, Subject, Deposit.
- Input as many details about your work as you can - as a minimum include the full citation details. For example, Title, Author/Creator, Name of Journal/Conference, and Date of acceptance and publication.
- If you're depositing a journal article or published conference paper, remember to attach your final, author-created manuscript.
- When you select 'Deposit', your submission will be checked by the SURE administrators for publisher permissions and to ensure you abide by any embargo periods before it goes live.
- SHERPA/RoMEO and SHERPA/JULIET services provide information on publisher embargoes and funder requirements
You can access a handy guide with screen shots here.