Open Access means making the most of communication technologies like the web, and providing free online access to scholarly research.
Benefits of making your research open access include:
- increased visibility, citations, and impact for your research profile
- more effective dissemination of your research outputs
- granting reuse permission allows others to build on your work
There are two main ways of achieving open access:
- Publish with an open access journal (we refer to this as gold open access)
- Deposit the final, author-created version of your research outputs in SURE (green open access)
- Read more about open access at the Budapest Open Access Initiative.
- Joint Information Services Commission (JISC)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) lists over 7000 OA titles
- Directory of Open Access Repositories (OpenDOAR) is a worldwide index of research repositories.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about open access.