Books and ebooks
Use Library Search to find books, ebooks, print journals, and more.
Services may differ due to COVID-19. Please see our FAQs for more information.
Books and ebooks help
- How do I search for books and ebooks?
- How do I use ebooks?
- How do I reserve an item?
- How do I manage my library account?
- What else is available?
- What happens if the item I want is not in your collections?
Type one or more words or numbers into the above search box and click 'Search'. You can also use the Library Search box on our homepage and select the 'Books and eBooks' radio button. Read our search tips.
Our reservation service allows you to reserve items currently out on loan. We will notify you when the item is available to collect. Please note this service will place you in a queue for items in high demand. Before reserving an item, we recommend that you check if there is an ebook available or look at other items with similar titles.
- See items you currently have on loan and renew them
- View outstanding charges and pay them online
- List your reservations and cancel any you no longer need
- List your interlibrary loans
- See your loan history (items you've borrowed before)
- See your notifications such as overdues
After you have searched books in our main collections, you can also look for resources on that topic in the Sunderland Repository (SURE) and special collections. To search these extra collections, select them from the drop-down list to the right of the search box.
Use our interlibrary loan service to try to get it from another UK library.
Do you have another question? You may find the answer in our FAQs.