Resources for your research
You can find books, journal articles, and conference proceedings from a range of subscribed resources using our research tools. Find relevant literature to identify the gaps in your discipline, to give your research wider appeal, and to potentially have more impact.
- Writing at doctoral level - check out our list of recommended resources to help with your writing activities
- Find resources - general advice on library resources
- University of Sunderland Theses - All new PhD theses are uploaded to SURE, our open access research repository.
- EThOS - The British Library's Electonic theses Online Service offers an open access single point repository of theses produced by UK higher education institutions.
- British Library for Researchers - Collections and support for academic researchers.
- DOAJ - The Directory of Open Access Journals offers free, full-text, peer reviewed, scholarly journals covering all subjects.
- Open DOAR - The Directory of Academic Open Access Research repositories from around the world.
- Interlibrary loans - If you are unable to find the materials you need from our subscribed or open access resources, researchers have an allowance of up to 65 items each academic year accessible from our interlibrary loans service.
- SCONUL access scheme - We are part of the Society of College, National and University Libraries (SCONUL). You may be able to visit or join other university libraries using their access scheme.
- Access to research at public libraries - Access to Research gives free, walk-in access to over 15million academic articles in participating public libraries across the UK.
Register with ORCID
ORCID gives you a unique identifier that can be added to all your research, making you and your work easy to find and easy to cite. For more information, and details on how to register, see the ORCID web site.